Monday 27 February 2017

The field trips to crafts museum and dilli haat

And so the research about the topic begins......
So we were taken by our faculty to two places as part of our research. One was craft museum and another was Dilli Haat! which I enjoyed thoroughly. Imagine going to a market as part of your research..... Exciting know? There was a lot that captured my eyes there in both the places, the art on the bare walls of craft museum was breathtaking. We learned so much about our Indian arts like Patachitra from Odisha and Bengal, Muriya from Bastar, Chhartisgarh ,Gond painting from Gujrat, Warli from Maharashtra, Kalamkari and so on... but I could not find anything about my research.

Image result for persian metalwork motifs
lion abstract showpiece made out of gold
 The next day we were taken to the lovely Dilli Haat. I had no expectations regarding my research work so my first thought was to skip it as I thought it would waste of time. But glad that I didn't otherwise I would have lost the chance to meet the Iranian artisans who had come to display there work including metal for India-Iran Dastkaar Meet.

So here are some pictures that I clicked in those two days of my visit...
Image result for patachitra paintings in crafts museum delhi
Gond, gujrat
Related image
Muriya, Bastar, Chhatisgarh



Bidriware plates

Image result for patachitra paintings in crafts museum delhi
kalamkari

Bidriware in the museum


Brass metalwork from Iran, Dilli Haat


zoomed in view


gold plated alcohol container


tea set plated with gold





 AS YOU CAN SEE I WAS IN A BIG TREAT REGARDING FOR MY RESEARCH  WORK INFORMATION  WISE I STARTED MY WORKING ON THAT SOON AFTER THE TRIPS. I ALSO TALKED TO MANY ARTISANS THERE ABOUT THERE TECHNIQUES AND HOW THEY WORK AND THE HISTORY OF THIS CRAFTSMANSHIP.
PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MY NEXT POST WHICH WILL MAINLY FOCUS ON THE HISTORY OF THIS WORK IN PERSIA, ITS TECHNIQUES ETC.
UNTIL THEN KEEP SMILING AND SEE YOU SOON. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment